Easter is a time of the year when you need to make a lot of yummy and delicious food, whether for breakfast or for desserts, yummy food should be in the kitchen than at the table. Lemon poppy seed muffins are easy to make (and easy to eat) with healthy and nutritional ingredients. We will be using goat milk instead of regular milk to add more healthy nutrients and creaminess to the great muffins. And the other best thing about these yummy muffins is they are gluten free. By gluten free I mean they are made up of special kind of all-purpose flour which has no gluten in it and this ideal for people watching their diet and who are allergic to gluten or wheat products. I would suggest using preheated oven for best results and beat the cream and milk together until it is creamy and frothy. We will be using coconut sugar because it is little lesser in calories and has healthy benefits as compared to regular white sugar. I’m not saying you can’t use white sugar but when you are taking everything healthy then don’t go for anything which less healthy.
Add the ingredients slowly and use two separate bowls for dry and wet things than combine them in a larger bowl. Let’s have a look at detailed description:
- Soft butter: ½ cup
- Coconut sugar: 2/3 cup
- Gluten free flour: 1 1/3 cup
- Separated eggs: 2
- Baking powder: 1 tsp.
- Baking Soda: ½ tsp.
- Poppy seeds: 4 tbsp.
- Goat milk yogurt: ½ cup
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp.
- Lemon zest: 2 lemons
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp.
- A pinch of sea salt
1. Pre heat the oven for 350 F, while you prepare the batter for muffins.
2. Take a bowl and beat butter with coconut sugar, until it is creamy and frothy.
3. Separate the eggs from yolks and whites and add each yolk in butter sugar mixture and keep beating.
4. Take another bowl and add all dry things like flour, lemon zest, and poppy seeds and mix well.
5. Now combine all these dry things to butter mixture and fold with spatula. Now add remaining things except egg whites.
6. Beat egg whites in another bowl until fluffy, than fold this to the mixture and pour in muffin tray.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!