Did you know that watercress prevent incidence of skin, lung and oral cancer? Taken with a large amount of watercress helps to lower blood pressure and reduce the amount of oxygen needed during exercise and enhance athletic performance. Learn the most important health benefits of watercress.
9 Health Benefits of Watercress
- Contains high in fiber and rich in antioxidants and carotenoids that reduce the risk of lung cancer, prostate, breast and pancreatic cancer.
- Contain chlorophyll, which helps to prevent cirrhosis and damage caused by toxins.
- Contains water by 90%, which helps to moisturize the skin.
- Contributes to the health of bones and teeth, in order to contain the vitamin K.
- Helps reduce inflammation in the body because it contains material indole -3- carbinol and isothiocyanates.
- Helps clean the colon and bowel movements because it contains a large amount of fiber, as well as phytochemicals, antioxidants and essential minerals that help cleanse the toxins in the body.
- It contains high amounts of folic acid, which helps to protect the brain, and delay aging in the elderly.
- Watercress helps you lose weight, because it contains a large amount of fiber that gives a feeling of fullness.
- Watercress is used as an aphrodisiac, because it contains minerals and antioxidants.
Researchers have discovered that taking watercress is very healthy and it has unlimited benefits to health and beauty.